“Eunice Kennedy Shriver Day” (EKS Day) will promote a global call for people to commit acts of inclusion, acceptance and unity for individuals with intellectual disabilities (EKS ACTS). I have been asked to help spread the word about this fantastic day by tagging 5 friends. I am happy to help.
“I pledge to spread her message of hope, inclusion, and acceptance through my blog, facebook, and twitter on EKS Day, and I tag my 5 friends Brigitte, Renee, Amy, Meredith and Ellen and challenge you to re-post this on your blog and tell us what you pledge to do on EKS Day.”
Anyone can participate with an Act of Unity. You don't need to attend or host a big event. Your Act of Unity can be as simple as:
- emailing, texting, and using your social media outlets to spread the word about the day.
- Change your profile picture to a photo of Eunice (many images in that link to chose from), and
- use one of her iconic quotes as your status update. Click HERE to hear audio files of Eunice speaking.
- On twitter post: RT: I pledge to honor @SpecialOlympics by performing an Act of Unity on http://act.ly/2e7 RT to sign.
- Be sure to post your Act of Unity HERE.